Giving Opportunities >
What is the Annual Fund?
The Shippensburg University Foundation Annual Fund plays a critical role in the life of Shippensburg University. Support via the Annual Fund gifts help to enable the University to set and maintain high standards of excellence. Through the generosity of our donors, the SU Foundation is able to make grants to “where the need is greatest” to support all areas of the University including:
• Providing scholarships for talented and deserving students
• Purchasing computers and scientific equipment for classrooms and laboratories
• Sponsoring joint undergraduate student/faculty research projects
• Supporting faculty research and scholarly activities
• Enriching the cultural and other student programming opportunities on campus
• Providing resources for the Ezra Lehman Memorial Library
• And much more!
Why Participation is Important
Participation in the Annual Fund demonstrates a standard measure of satisfaction with a University. The percentage of participation is taken into consideration by corporations and foundations when awarding grants, by high school seniors and parents when evaluating colleges and universities, and by other donors when making their philanthropic decisions. Participation in annual giving is also a criterion used in national rankings of colleges and universities.
Every Gift Counts
Gifts to the Annual Fund of all sizes are welcome and appreciated. Every gift at every level is an investment that pays dividends in the lives of deserving students that will last a lifetime.