Join fellow alumni and friends who are members of Shippensburg University Foundation’s Honor Society!
How to become a member:
By including the Shippensburg University Foundation in your estate plans, you are entitled to membership in the Shippensburg University Foundation’s Honor Society. Types of planned giving options that qualify for membership include Charitable and Deferred Gift Annuities, Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Gifts of Insurance and retirement plans, and Bequests. These types of special gifts can generate lifetime income for the donors, preserve an inheritance “nest egg” for your family members, offer various tax savings benefits, and position the timing of a gift regarding real estate or other property. There are many ways these types of charitable gifts operate and can be tailored to benefit your family.
Benefits of Membership
- An invitation to the annual Honor Society Champagne Brunch
- An invitation to the Honor Society Spring trip. Recent trips have included Washington DC, Gettysburg, Brandywine, Western PA, Annapolis, St. Michaels, and New York City
- An invitation to the Honor Society fall trip. The 2018 five-day trip will be to the St. Lawrence Seaway. Recent trips have included the Outer Banks, New York Finger Lakes, Kentucky, New England, Charleston NC, Vermont and Canada
- An invitation to the annual Financial and Estate Planning Seminar in June
- A monthly, or weekly if you choose, financial and estate planning newsletter
- The satisfaction of knowing that you will make a difference in the life of a future Shippensburg University student, faculty member or program
We would be happy to help you explore the variety of planned giving options, available through the Shippensburg University Foundation, listed above. Knowledgeable staff members are available to personally visit with you in the privacy of your home or office if you wish.