Dedicated to promoting scholarship, leadership and service
The Wood Honors College involves undergraduate students in every major and every class level who come from a variety of backgrounds and have diverse interests. Honors students benefit from small rigorous classes, excellent teaching, and exciting research, study abroad, and internship opportunities. Students also participate in special social, cultural, and community service activities.
Key to attracting these students is providing specific scholarship support through the Wood Honors College and increasing the Honors College endowment. By making a gift to the Wood Honors College you are supporting students who possess unusual talent, curiosity and drive. Your gift will help provide them with a highly stimulating education and a congenial community that will foster their scholarly development.
Support the Wood Honors College through these general funds:
- Wood Honors College Scholarship Fund
Contributions to support merit scholarships for incoming Wood Honors College students. These scholarships are vital for recruiting the best and brightest freshmen to Shippensburg.
- Wood Honors College Colloquium Fund
Contributions to support Honors College interdisciplinary service-learning projects around the world. Currently, Honors students are working to sustain an educational project in the Dominican Republic, where they implemented a bilingual language arts and technology curriculum that they designed for children from low-income families.
- Wood Honors College Study Abroad Scholarship Fund
Contributions to support scholarships for Wood Honors Program students who desire to expand their academic experience and cultural horizons by studying abroad. Our students’ destinations have included England, Spain, France, Australia, China, and South Korea.
- Wood Honors College Associates Fund – Contributions to the Wood Honors College Associates Fund support the most urgent needs of the College.
- The Wood Honors College Endowment for International Education – Contributions to this endowment will be used to support program expenses for the biannual Honors International Seminar.
- Wood Honors College – Contributions to the Wood Honors College support the College’s endowment.