Are you an SU student and looking for a job? Join our team!
The Phonathon plays a critical role in the overall success of the Shippensburg University Foundation’s Annual Fund. Last year, through the efforts of our Student Phonathon Team, our callers secured more than $100,000. Each semester our student callers contact alumni, parents and friends to update their information, tell them about the wonderful activities on campus, and ask them to make a gift to the SU Foundation.
Students who are enrolled full-time at Shippensburg University are eligible to apply for a student caller position. This is a great way to meet new friends, develop skills that will help you in your future career, and put some much-needed cash in your wallet!
Student callers are expected to be enthusiastic about the University, have high attention to detail, be able to speak in a clear and pleasant voice, and be able to represent the SU Foundation and Shippensburg University to various constituent groups.
Previous fundraising experience is not required. All new callers participate in a training program before they begin to make calls. The starting wage for a new caller is currently $9/hr., additional compensation is available based on experience and performance. Each caller will receive a raise for each semester that is completed in good standing.
Phonathon calling takes place Monday through Thursday evenings from 5:15– 8:15 p.m during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Phonathon callers are responsible for:
• Contacting alumni, parents, and friends of Shippensburg University
• Providing information about SU and the SU Foundation
• Updating prospect information
• Serving as an ambassador for SU and the SU Foundation
• Asking for a gift to the SU Foundation for the benefit of Shippensburg University student
• A clear and pleasant speaking voice and an excellent command of the English language
• Reliable and able to work well with others
• Able to convey passion and enthusiasm for Shippensburg in a professional manner
• Willingness to follow instructions and a high regard for detail
• Previous telemarketing experience is NOT necessary
• Must be a current Shippensburg University (undergraduate or graduate) student
• Must attend at least two training sessions
• Must maintain a GPA of 2.5
To apply: Contact Jordan Shaver at JShaver@sufoundation.org