Outright Gifts can be made in variety of ways:
Gifts of Cash
Gift of cash are usually made in the form of a check and made payable to the SU Foundation. Donors may receive tax benefits if they itemize deductions.
Electronic Funds Transfer
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a secure way to deliver your gifts directly and automatically from your bank or investment account to the Shippensburg University Foundation. Just like making a gift online, EFT gifts allow us to minimize expenses – meaning more dollars to support Ship students. When you make an EFT gift, your bank or investment account disperses the funds automatically according to your instructions until you decide to stop. To make your gift via EFT, simply download, complete, and return the EFT Authorization Form. Mail to: Shippensburg University Foundation, 500 Newburg Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257
Many donors may realize substantial tax advantages by transferring gifts of appreciated stock. Capital gains taxation on the amount of appreciation is avoided, and the donor receives a tax deduction for the stock’s full market value. Check out our giving guide: Making a gift of stock in three easy steps. Still have questions? Contact us.
If you are interested in giving a gift using bonds, please contact the SU Foundation.
A gift of real estate can be an advantageous way of making sizeable gifts to the SU Foundation while allowing the donor to realize a tax deduction and avoid possible capital gains tax. In the case of residences, you may retain lifetime occupancy if you wish.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ or older you could benefit from an IRA Charitable Rollover. Click here for more information.
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year. (In 2022, the new age for RMD’s changed to 73. This change does not affect anyone younger than 73)
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
Giving to the Shippensburg University Foundation from your donor-advised fund is simple. You can recommend a grant from your fund to the Shippensburg University Foundation by providing the following information to the sponsoring organization:
- Legal name: Shippensburg University Foundation
- Federal tax ID: 23-2046093
- Mailing address: 500 Newburg Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257
- Name of the campus, college, program, or fund where the grant should be directed
Each sponsoring organization will have the appropriate forms to recommend these grants, which you can find online or by contacting the organization directly. Your sponsoring organization will distribute the grant directly to the SU Foundation. If you have questions about the information you need to provide to the sponsoring organization of your fund, please contact us.